Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Parasailing



Now I know what it looks like to God when He views us from Heaven. I could see everything around me. Right beneath the surface of the water to my right was a nest of stingrays bathing in the sun's warmth. On the opposite side there was a group of dolphins frolicking in and out of the waves. Everything looked different from normal. It was all so beautiful.


My best friend Teoda decided to go Parasailing over the summer. First, she made reservations with the company and then she was required to fill out some paperwork. The time came to load up everybody on the boats and they were handed life jackets. When it was your turn to go up into the air, the guide would assist you in putting the harness over your legs, making certain that you were secure and snug in the rigging. The harness used was almost identical to the one used for those climbing rock walls they have at fairs. The harness is then attached to the parasail, or parachute, which is connected to the boat by a tow rope. You are asked to sit on a cloth-like seat and, once ready, they slowly let the rope out raising you into the air.

My friend had been dying to go parasailing for quite some time now. She thought it would be fun and feel a little like flying. After experiencing it, she told me: "it felt really cool. It didn't feel like you were flying at all, instead it felt as if you were suspended or hovering over the water. In fact, I wouldn't of thought that I was moving at all if it wasn't for seeing the buildings pass by me."

From listening to her account and my own desire to try new adventures, I hope to one day go parasailing myself. I think it would be an amazing experience and something that must be done in one's lifetime. On a scale from 1 to 10 my friend gives parasailing a rank of 7.5 .

No comments: